Sunday, April 18, 2010

32 weeks.... tick, tick, tick!

Only six more weeks until I'm full term.

This is day number 225 and you're 32 weeks pregnant!
You have 55 days or 8 weeks left, and are 80.4% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 211 days or 30 weeks. You are due on 6/12/2010.

Your baby is 18.9 inches long from head to toe and weighs almost 4 pounds. He or she will gain weight more quickly now and will probably double in weight between now and his or her birth. Just like a newborn, your baby sleeps a lot of the time. He or she even experiences rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, the period of sleep when we dream!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We have spent hours and hours narrowing down the name list, and think we have finally settled on three for each gender... final name to be determined (hopefully) before we leave the hospital.

I think I am starting to nest, after getting that little "maybe six weeks" wake-up call from the OB. It's feeling much more urgent to me to start getting things ready for the first few days of this baby's arrival, and essentials for my recovery.

Since we have PLENTY of newborn girl clothes, I will just select one going-home outfit from that pile within the next few weeks. I have also purchased one boy going-home outfit. Outside of that, if this child turns out to be a boy, he will be wearing plain white onesies, baby legs and receiving blankets for a few days until I (or perhaps some excited Aunts or Grandmothers) get a chance to go out and pick out some cute boyish clothes. I got a few packs of newborn diapers, glamourous things like nursing pads and a few other things I wish I'd had or known about when Maia was born. And I'm feeling a bit relieved, but starting to realize there is much, MUCH more that needs to be done before June Bug gets here!

We start our Lamaze refresher classes on April 20th, and between a few of those classes, and an another impending Symphony performance week (which I suspect will be my last for quite a while) in early May... we've had to line up a number of nights of babysitting for Maia (my folks). This is probably a good thing for her to get used to as well, since we expect to be relying on others when labor finally gets rolling.

On our list of things to figure out shortly is our plan for Maia's care for when I do go into labor... a whole list of "if this.... then that..." sort of options. If labor starts during the morning, day, evening or night. If she needs to be picked up at daycare. If labor is going too fast (I've read subsequent labors can be half as long as first labors... And, well... that's scary. Four hours is probably not enough time to get everything taken care of!), we may have to take her to the hospital with us until someone can pick her up. Lots of possibilities to think through.

No comments:

Post a Comment