Thursday, February 25, 2010

Resourceful Girl!

Monday nights are rehearsal nights for Grand Rapids Symphony Chorus, which means I'm leaving for rehearsal at Maia's bedtime. So we often do a simple dinner on Mondays. So I call for a delivery, and the three of us are playing in the living room. When at least the doorbell rings, Maia yells "Peeesssa!" Sigh. A proud moment for sure. My child has come to associate the sound of the doorbell with pizza. Does this mean I need to tell all visitors to come prepared, and bearing pizza or fear the disappointment of Maia (who does, as it happens, LOVE pizza). So Tuesdays was left-overs. As Maia and I were eating together, I realized that I had to run to the bathroom (go figure, pregnant woman having to pee... again). So I leave Maia with a little food and tell her I'll be right back. Alas, she runs out of food, and as I am not available to get her more, I yell to her she needs to wait... and when I come out:
She has pulled a catalog off the table and is leafing through it... "I weed it?"

And, for your enjoyment: 3 minutes of watching Maia play... and talk and talk and talk!

"It's coming" is one of those things we say when she is very hungry and I am working on getting her food ready. We also recently switched over from using the fan to the sound machine she got for Christmas for white noise at bedtime. That noise machine makes a rain sound and she loves that.

You'll also hear her going through the middle part of the alphabet after identifying some of the letters on the front of her book before moving on to play with her "pea-tot!" (teapot).

1 comment:

  1. That video is super cute! Her words are so clear too. I can only understand a few things Avery says, I feel bad cause she is always talking to me and I can't really respond.


    Just a bit of info... I bought some of those little cups with the handles too, and I've noticed that all of mine have grown black mold up inside the spout. I have tried everything to clean it out, but it seems almost stuck in the pores of the softer rubber. It is kind of difficult to see it unless a light is shining straight into it.

    ReplyDelete