Thursday, April 29, 2010

Six weeks to go...

This is day number 236 and you're 33 weeks pregnant!
You have 44 days or 6 weeks left, and are 84.3% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 222 days or 31 weeks.

SIX WEEKS! ARG!
So OB visit yesterday. I wish I hadn't worn jeans, because I'm sure that made it look like I gained more weight than I did. But I'm not too far off where he expected me to be. Anyway. BP was 120/76, baby's heart rate was 150. Doc confirmed the baby is head down (as I suspected) and getting an accurate measurement was a little trickier than previously, as this baby's tiny bum is firmly stuck right in the center of my abdomen. So as Dr L would try to measure, the baby would slide a little one way, and he'd get a measurement of 35. And then it would slide again and he'd get a measurement of 37. So he gave up, called it 35. Which would put me marginally ahead... but with Maia I almost consistently measured 1-2 weeks ahead, so I'm not worried about big baby (yet).

You may be able to tell how much Junebug has his or her little bum sticking straight up and out under my ribs.
I'm a little behind schedule in getting our cord blood donation kit ordered.. and I've been playing phone tag with the phone screener for 2 days.

We did check to see when he was going to be on call around our due date. He generally takes his own call Monday-Thursday, and rotates his weekends on call. And, unfortunately, he will NOT be on call the weekend I am due, nor the weekend before or after. So. I need the baby to decide that it's time to make an entrance between 6/7-10 or 6/14-6/17. I think I'd prefer the 6/7-6/10 dates. Ray is hoping for a 6-8-10 birth date. However, we didn't really luck out with the 08-08-08 birth date for Maia... so I'd just like this kid to at least have his or her own birth date if possible. June is a busy birthday month with Aunt Tara's (6/1), my Grandfather's - my mother's father (6/7), Nana Effie's (6/14), and Uncle Andrew's (6/30). Although I doubt I would be pleased if this baby waits until the 30th!

In the mean time, as we plan for our future, and budgeting daycare costs for 2 under 2... I had submitted a proposal to my employer hoping to work from home for 12-16 hours a week, and in the office three days a week, thereby allowing me to drop the kids down to part-time daycare and saving a significant amount over full time daycare for both.

While my boss and my HR director were on board with the proposal, this "work from home" idea has not previously been approved at my hospital. My written proposal was submitted to the CEO, who turned it down (not surprisingly, based on my experience with him, and his hopes for the growth of the clinic). That said, he did ask if there might be something else they could do to work with me... so I'm needing to come up with a second proposal (in the next week or so!) which will require me doing a little research and some more number crunching. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment