Thursday, April 15, 2010

31+ weeks

This is day number 222 and you're 31 weeks pregnant! You have 58 days or 8 weeks left, and are 79.3% of the way there. Baby's age since conception is 208 days or 29 weeks. At long last (poor June Bug!) a belly pic taken last weekend.
OB appointment yesterday. Everything is still looking good. Baby's heart rate was in the 150s. I gained a little more weight than was my trend, this month, which I'm sure was directly related to Easter candy. I do love my Cadbury Mini Eggs. YUM. So, only 7 lbs more, and I will be at the same weight I gained with Maia. However, I'm hoping I don't put on more than 1/2 a pound a week between now and delivery. BP was interesting after my amazingly stressful week: 106/80. My bottom number isn't usually that high, but I'm giving myself a pass after having to battle horrific traffic (they're closing down I-196 right in front of the hospital and "Medical Mile" and it's leading to all sorts of interesting traffic challenges. Secondly, and MORE stressful for me was the fact that the scheduling software program at work crashed, and the entire database was corrupted... resulting in the loss of ALL our known appointments. It has been extremely stressful and resulted in a few sleepless nights. So I think I'm entitled to a little higher BP! And some chocolate. Anyway! Back to the baby. I'm measuring at 32... which is right on track (I believe I measured marginally ahead with Maia). We're thinking the baby is probably head down, based on where I am feeling movement (or a butt in my ribs) and where he found the heartbeat. This marks the end of my monthly visits, and begins the every two week visits. We talked a bit about the next things we need to do: - cord blood donation preregistration - Lamaze refresher courses - Start thinking about our birth plan As we were ending the visit, Ray asked how long we have left... I said just under 9 weeks, and Dr L says: 'More like 8... but I'd plan on 6.' Six!?! Maia was late... 'Yeah, but plan on being ready at 6, and if you get the extra time, it's a bonus.' Alright. THAT freaked me out a little. I'm not ready for this baby to come in 8 weeks, much less 6! In the mean time, Maia continues to be very interested in and curious about "June bug" and talks about June bug at school. Yesterday, she went to spend some time with the babies at daycare. She was asked what their names are (Murphy and Avianna, which she knows). She said "June bug" and "Bee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment