Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break (part 1)

Tara, Dave, Aaron and Rachael came out to visit for a few days at the end of Spring Break. They arrived shortly after midnight/1 am on Thursday the 8th. I couldn't spend the day with them, as I'm trying to save up all my vacation time for my maternity leave... so here's what I guess everyone did while I was working! Eventually... everyone woke up. Maia was quite likely up by 7 or 7:30 at the latest. I would guess everyone sat around tiredly for a while. Tara took out her camera at some point, and took a few pics of Maia playing in her room. Here, on her rocking horse (which Papa Joe just fixed a week or two ago by replacing the missing ear that didn't make it through the first three grandkids). At some point, they went outside to play. It was a balmy, spring-like 42 degrees outside, so Maia was bundled up. And when she came inside and took off her hat, her hair looked like this: And I'm just going to comment here on the difference between Aaron and Rachael between now and when Maia was just a few weeks old, here. In the evening we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and Maia was delighted that she could watch "Ockey" and "Goff" on the big screens while eating her "Maroni and Sheese." She also chowed down on some celery, and interestingly would eat about half of each stalk before deciding she would give it to me and grab a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment