Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stories from Daycare

First, Parker. Here's the background info. At the daycare center, they are currently doing some remodeling of the infant room, which used to be two separate rooms: one for play and one for sleep. They are turning it into one larger room. It's been a long process, with lots of problem solving dilemmas for the staff to keep the kids safe and keep the environment good for sleeping and playing. The Staff are antsy for it to be done with already, and it's in the home stretch. Just in time, because there are a few more babies starting soon, and two of the Retirement Village staff want to put their babies in the center as well, and so they will need that currently unusable half of their room back soon! So here's the story:

As staff are mentioning the impending influx of babies, Parker is in the teacher's arms. The contractor says to Parker: Oh, we don't want any of those (Retirement Village) babies here! No we don't! and Parker promptly smiles and laughs! Right on cue.
Incidentally, I've been trying to get Parker's laughs on camera. He's been laughing for close to a month now, but I just can't catch a good one. Just glimpses of the laugh that was so abundant right before I turned on the camera. Alas.

Now, Maia. Yesterday, her T2 teacher, Maria left early. Maia asked her why she was leaving, and Maria told her: I have to go home and see my baby (he born around March, I think). Maia says Okay. Fast forward to this morning, Maria came in the door a few moments after we did. Maia turned to her and said Did you see your baby? Maria laughs. Yes, I saw my baby. And now I'm back to spend some time with you! Maia replies, In T2? Okay! Maria says to me: Boy, Maia doesn't miss a thing!!
No, she doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment