Sunday, September 12, 2010

Parker Games

I love baby stages! How cool is it that when he is fed and happy, Parker will give me smiles readily just by making eye contact or flashing him a big smile? And speaking of eye contact, he was able to play a little game with me while I was pumping gas today. I would look at him through the side window, and he would fix on me. Then I would look at him through the back window, and he would look to find me, and fix on me again. Then back to the side window. After a few passes of this, he would anticipate my movements. So I decided to mix it up, and would hide myself behind the column a little longer and vary which side I would reappear on. It was really cool to see how he had learned the pattern initially, and then how he adjusted when the pattern changed. I love being a parent. I love watching my children learn and grow. Every little phase they go through, I think "Oh, this is my favorite!" until something new happens, and I love that just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment