Friday, May 27, 2011

Stomping

May 21st was the 9th Annual Stomp Out Stigma event for the Mental Health Foundation. I captain the team for my place of work, and we ended up having 104 people register for the walk, with 97 actually participating. AMAZING.  I was grateful to have some extra help from my family, while I tried to make sure that 20+ got their t-shirts the morning of the walk, and to help find some of the t-shirt sizes I was shorted.

When we were getting ready in the morning, Maia was the last to get dressed.  She saw Parker in his shirt, mommy and daddy in their shirts, and said "I want one of dose shirts like Pahkuh!"  When I showed her the t-shirt for her, she yelled and jumped up and down "I'm excited about dat, momma!"  She also asked to wear it the next two days.
My sister started running this year, and has already run two 5k races.  So a 5k walk was nothing for her, and the kids did great as well.
Emily had a volleyball tournament later on during the day.  And Parker was very sleepy.
Maia was a little overwhelmed by being in the middle of 900+ people.
Adrian had was set with his Ipod.
Right as we were supposed to start walking, Maia decided she had to go potty.  So Kath quickly ran her to the bathroom.
Maia walked (and ran) the last half, and was very excited about the river. She told us it looked like daddy's coffee.  Meanwhile, Parker had a nice nap.
 After the walk, we went to Applebees for lunch.
 And in the afternoon, Maia tried on my glasses (which I rarely wear),
... and "played Piroska" by wearing those glasses and combing my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment