Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Little Funny

Since Maia has figured out she can come downstairs and cuddle with us the morning after she wakes up (read: not cuddle, but try to wake mommy and daddy up for play time), she is becoming a bit bolder about it.  We've had all sorts of fun lately, including a night where she was up and out of bed about every 1 1/2 hours between 7pm and 1am, when Ray finally gave up and put her in our bed.

No one slept well that night, except for Parker.

So she was downstairs with me while I was trying to get ready, after Ray had (thankfully! What a great husband I have!) gotten her changed and dressed for the day.  The monitor was still on in our room, and Ray was upstairs. We insist upon a two-way monitor for this and other reasons.  He was telling me where we were in the process of getting her ready, and I asked if I could send her back up for breakfast (generally blueberry frosted mini-wheats.  She apparently is over her daily Kashi Bar). 

While I tried to convince Maia to go back upstairs to see daddy and have breakfast, she picked up the monitor and held it to her ear like a phone.
"Ray!" she says into the monitor, seriously. "Ray! Go get me breakfast!"
 
Oh, I'm glad she doesn't know she has to press a button for him to hear her.

No comments:

Post a Comment