Thursday, August 19, 2010

Maia Funnies

One night while we were camping, I was getting Maia settled for bed and she came up with these gems: You're so cute, momma! (while stroking my hair) Need more beer, momma! (holding out her sippy cup) Others, good and bad... and things we hear frequently (whether we'd like to or not)
  • Thass Hot! (Reminiscent of Paris Hilton, unfortunately. However, she says this when pointing to the stove or the candle in the bathroom)
  • Don' lell at me! or even better, Don' lell at Puh-kuh, daddy!
  • Need more fyoot snacks, please, momma!
  • Whachoo doin over dere?
  • Don tak to me like dat!
  • I needa watch Ehw-mo! (Elmo)
  • More Gabby gabby! (Yo Gabba Gabba... another children's show with lots of music)
  • Whass that man, momma? (translation: Who is that? or What's his name?)
  • Whoah... wha happen? (often said when she falls down)
  • Washcoth-coth (washcloth)
  • Life Jacket-coat
  • Don wanna go to da car wash and get my feet all wet, momma!
  • Upon watching me eat some of the Manny Wheats (mini-wheats) that she often eats for breakfast she says: No! Put it in the basket, momma! I tell her no, I'm going to eat the Mini Wheats, she says Das mine, momma! 'pit it out! (spit it out) right now! 'pit it out inna trahsh! (trash).
  • While watching me type on the blog, she runs to her v-tech laptop and says I check on my com-puter! I need check on somun ehs (something else)!
  • Looking down at her striped shirt one morning: I wearing blinds!
Maia is very into smelling things and helping me stir things in the kitchen right now. However, recently while playing together in the living room, Daddy floated a lovely beer fart. Maia said "Smew dat?" Ray asked her "What does it smell like?" Maia continued playing, but stated "Um, poopy!" Interestingly, this is different than her previous responses to gas expulsions. It used to be "Go potty daddy?" That may (or may not) have something to do with Parker's noisy diaperfillings. Every time Parker passes gas or poops loudly (something Maia used to do as well), she will say happily "Puh-kuh pooped!!! Go change 'im?"
And while we're talking about poop, I got this little gem recently. While eating lunch, Maia let one rip. She stopped eating, laughed and said "You hear dat? You wan some more poop?" How else can you respond but No Thank you!
On morning, Maia was turned down when she requested fruit snacks for breakfast, so she thought she'd raise the bar... "Um, Keedee (candy)" No. "Um, Choc-o-late!" No. "Um, Nem-en-ems! (M&Ms)" No. We settled on applesauce and cheese.
Can I just say that I love to hear Maia laugh, and appreciate all the little laughs she gives us. Soon enough, Parker will be making us laugh, too. What's better than that? I love my kids!
I told her to get her water shoes. I guess I should have been more specific.
She put her shorts on by herself. They are backwards, and only pulled up in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment