Friday, August 20, 2010

Every Day Stuff

The fun thing about being home with my two kids 5 to 7 days a week is that I get LOTS of opportunities to take photos of them. Even if it's just every day stuff. Maia hadn't actually HELD Parker in a while. She was very excited for the opportunity, and did a pretty good job this time. She really likes to pat his head, and often thinks she needs to 'tickle' his face, but she does not have appropriately soft tickling skills, and Parker is NOT a fan. As soon as he begins to scream, she runs quickly in the opposite direction!
She is a sweet big sister, though. She gets upset whenever he cries, and will always tell him "bess you Pah-kuh!" when he sneezes and "Iss okay buddy!" when he cries.
She's also fascinated with his pacis. She started off really wanting them for herself, but after a lot of repeated "Pacis are for babies, and you're a big girl!" she's got the idea, and she loves to try to help give Parker his paci... usually upside down... whether he wants it or not.
Just shy of 8 weeks old, Parker finally got his first bottle. He did very well, and took it completely without incident. I didn't even have to leave the room so he wouldn't smell me and reject it. Yay!
This is a huge relief for me, because it means not only can I go out for a while without him, but this means I can now start determining how much milk he needs in his bottles for daycare. I have a general idea of what I should start with, but I may need to adjust that up or down a little bit.
And here is Parker, awake and alert and talking to Grandpa on the phone!
Maia is also generally convinced that every toy that Parker has, she needs to play with too... or that it is hers. I suppose there is some truth to that, in that many of Parker's toys were hers, but she has long since outgrown them, and most were purchased with the intent that they would be used by more than one child. That said, Parker never seems to mind (yet), and usually watches his big sister intently when she speaks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment