Monday, August 9, 2010

Parker at 7+ weeks

My, but these first few weeks go so quickly. There are new things every day, and every day, Parker gets better at controling his (not so little) body. I'm really anxious to find out how much he's grown, because he's feeling so big to me, now! I weighed myself with and without him about 10-14 days ago, and he was already over 12 pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if he's over 13 now. He feels like a 4 month old to me! But, I suppose when you have 2-3 lbs on an average newborn, that makes sense.
So what's he doing now? He has slept 6-7 hours two nights recently. Amazing. He's eating during the day about every 2 1/2-3. He's getting a LOT better at keeping his head up and increasing his neck and abdominal strength. He's tracking movement, and people. He always turns toward Maia when she stands next to him during diaper changes. He's verbalizing a lot more, and smiles are becoming a little more frequent. Lots more kicking and waiving of arms.
He also rolled from belly to back TWICE this weekend - once each direction - while on the dining table. No pics or video, but we do have witnesses, since he did it while we were playing cards with Kath and Andrew.
I haven't seen much more of that tooth... it's still just a little hard white spot on his lower left gum... but of the parents who have seen and/or touched it, it does seem to them like a tooth as well. It's just so early, and in an odd place to get a first tooth. I guess we'll wait and see.
Holding his head up during tummy time.
Happy Baby.
With Smiles.
Bath time!
And lest you think he never cry... he does. And his cry is LOUD.

No comments:

Post a Comment