Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Week Before...

The week before Parker arrived...

My "estimated due date" was 6/12/10. Raymond and Effie arrived on Sunday, 6/13 in anticipating of the baby actually maybe being here. The plan was to take Maia out of daycare (save some cash) since we'd have extra help with Nana and Grandpa here.

Since Parker did not arrive... Ray and I both continued to go to work each day. Me, to save my maternity leave so I'd have more time with the baby, and Ray, because his job has been insanely busy (so much so that his team does not know how they can keep up the pace of projects that have been assigned to them, all of them urgent, all of them demanding significant attention to detail). So, knowing he would be taking a week off soon... he kept working. I, on the other hand, didn't have a lot of essential work to do - most of it had been delegated or postponed until my return. And I was exhausted and restless. And I had quite a few doctor appointments. So I spent that last week working half days (or less) and running a few errands in anticipation of the arrival of the baby, and recovery from surgery, and not being able to run errands later.

As such, there are few pictures of Maia's special two-on-one week with Nana and Grandpa. Ray and I weren't really around much. They all had a great time, and Maia kept them busy (I recommended that they nap when she napped). Nana made sure to follow the general schedule Maia keeps at daycare (meals, snacks, play time, nap time), and she also helped keep the house clean, and prepare meals, which was a BIG help! And since Papa Joe had recently put this water table together (thanks again, Grandma and Papa for the water table... Maia loves it!!), it was a great outdoor activity for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment