Thursday, July 8, 2010

Parker at Two Weeks

On Friday, July 2nd, Parker was 2 weeks old, and I was healed well enough from surgery to drive. Ray needed to get to work early, so I brought Maia to daycare, and Parker, of course, needed to come with us. Everyone at daycare was excited to see Parker (well, the teachers and the kids in the T1 and T2 classrooms). Maia started out a little hesitant to go into her classroom, preferring to lay down on the floor in the hallway (a little Assertion of Self that rears its head every couple of months for a few days, and then disappears as quickly as it came). However, once everyone really started fawning over Parker, she wanted to get in on the action and show him off.
Parker and I managed to get some errands run together that afternoon... two banks, three stores... and he slept through pretty much all of us. Wow. Was it that easy to get around with Maia when she was newborn? Perhaps it is all the challenging stages in the middle that have clouded my memory.
Anyway. After getting through the first week-and-a-half of constant drowsiness, we're starting to enjoy some more awake time. However that also means that his oddly long stretches of sleep at night (5-6 hours) have reduced to a good, but more age appropriate 3-4 hours.
On Sunday the 4th of July, we went grocery shopping together, the four of us. Maia greeted nearly everyone we passed, and said "Thass my beebee bruther right dere!" Maia also managed to take several bites out of two plums through the plastic bag while I wasn't looking. Sigh.
Since we've got one of each, now... There probably won't be much "dressing alike" - although I had seen these really cute outfits at Children's Place before Parker was born. I bought Maia's and had asked my mother or sister to go buy the right gender coordinating outfit in anticipation of taking some cute Fourth-Of-July pictures.
They would have been much cuter had my children cooperated a bit more...

I brushing his hair, Momma?
She loves to give him kisses, and tickle his feet, and wants to hold him often. She LOVES to be there when he gets his diaper changed, and wants to be on my lap too when he is fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment