Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June 27th

Parker at 9 days old.
Aunt Tara always manages to get happy pictures of Maia. Me... not so much!
What does crack me up about this pic is that it reminds me very specifically of my kindergarten picture.
Why? you ask... Well.
It's a silly thing, really... but it was a really memorable day for me. My mother spent all this time curling my hair that morning (and my hair does not take to curl well) and I was really proud of it. Then, when it was my turn (in my pink velour sweatshirt and my necklace with the little girl on the swing) the photography assistant combed my hair the wrong way. My hair naturally parts on the left side of my head, as does Maia's. She combed it the other way, and promptly combed out all the remaining curl, so I was just left with an odd swoop.
That said, nothing nearly so upsetting happened to Maia, but it makes me laugh because her hair has suddenly been parted on the right instead of the left. She's delighted though, so it's all good!



Aunt Tara and Parker
Momma, Parker and Maia
The Four Of Us
Because every photoshoot needs some drama.
Parker, Maia and Aunt Tara
Thanks so much for coming, Tara! We were so glad to have you here. Maia misses you and asks about you all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment