Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas morning. Our gift from Maia. This ornament: red and green felt on a paper plate, with a gold pipe cleaner for a hanger.
And a green construction paper tree, dotted with bingo stampers.
Maia got a new hat, mittens and boots. She was very excited about those. Spoiled girl also got 6 (yes SIX) pairs of shoes! She also loved the Little People car on the floor behind her.
ELMOOOOOO! She was so excited as soon as she saw him... we didn't even know she knew who he was. I don't think she's ever watched an episode of Sesame Street.
She has carried Elmo around a lot of the time since Christmas.
Maia's new kitchen from Aunt Tara & family, and Nana Effie and Poppa Raymond.
The aftermath.
Maia's new kitchen, also her full tea set (on top) and her new hat - which she wore for several hours. As you can see, she's such a peanut, it will be quite a while before she really outgrows this kitchen in height. She can just barely reach the microwave. Initially, her play with it consisted of playing the phone (Heh-wooah!). The pot and skillet that make bubbling and sizzling noises were very cool... but perhaps I don't cook enough for her to really know what to do with it!
Several days later, while I was cooking spaghetti, I brought her to her kitchen and showed her how to stir, and put the lids on, and put invisible food on the plates. I then returned to cooking. Shortly thereafter, I heard this odd noise, and looked up to see that Maia had actually pushed her kitchen from her bedroom into the hallway. I imagine her intent was to move her kitchen into the kitchen! Funny girl.
Maia quickly got the hang of her remote-controlled puppy from Nana Effie and Poppa Raymond. Also seen here is the sling bookshelf from my Grandma Marcia and Papa Joe. After carrying around Elmo for some time, Maia pulled out this cutting board (she loves to play with these), put Elmo down on the cutting board saying "Ni-night!" and walked away. Hysterical!
Your giggling days are over, my little red furry friend.... mwahahahahaha!! And for me?
Ah, yes. The Snuggie. The most romantic, thoughtful gift ever? Actually, Ray thought it would elicit a laugh (which it did!) and he needed to give me something else to open on Christmas morning, since my big gift had already been opened.
Check it out... Leopard Print. It's Snuggie Wild Side!
My exciting gift (and hopefully, a gift that keeps on giving!) An HD digital camcorder...
...which takes such huge data files, I know I need to figure out how to compress them. All part of the learning process (and appropriate software) I suppose. Anyway. Uploading takes a LONG time, and editing takes even longer, right now. So I promise I will spend some time figuring it out so I can share the great videos we've filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment