Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gender Predicting Fun

I found this post online (and took out some of the more personal physical ones). Thought I'd share with you where I am with this pregnancy (X) versus with Maia (M) It's a boy if...
  • You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
  • Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
  • You are carrying the extra weight out front M
  • Your belly looks like a basketball too soon to tell!
  • You are carrying low too soon to tell!
  • You are craving salty or sour foods
  • You are craving protein: meats or cheese
  • Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy X although really, I'm generally cold with this one, outside of rare "power surges"
  • The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy M, X
  • Your hands are very dry M, X
  • Your pillow faces north when you sleep my pillow faces west
  • Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you M
  • Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
  • Your nose is spreading
  • You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles.
  • You are having headaches X - and LOTS of them! with Maia I didn't have any... the first time ever I can remember not having at least a headache a week since adolescence. In fact, from the time I got pregnant with Maia until I got pregnant this time, I didn't have a single headache. Now I get about 3 a week. Sigh.
  • You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number

So that's 4 for Maia, and 4 for June Bug.

It's a girl if...

  • You had morning sickness early in pregnancy M, X
  • Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute M, X
  • You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear X lovely
  • Your hair develops red highlights I have these anyway.
  • You are carrying high too soon to tell for this one, but with Maia it varied. Low in the beginning, high in the middle and very very low at the end!
  • Your belly looks like a watermelon M
  • You are craving sweets M, X sweets and starches for both, but that's also pretty typical for me. With Maia it was chocolate milk and bananas. With this one, it's Wendy's Frosties.
  • You are craving fruit I haven't exactly had fruit cravings for either (except for the bananas), just a general preference for fruit over veggies. With Maia, I did have an abhorrence to vegetables. I had to choke them down.
  • You crave orange juice I actually don't really care for orange juice, except on really rare occassions.
  • You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy M, X I figure this for both of them, but am probably not the best judge. Not many of us feel that we look great when we're feeling large, bloated and nauseated!
  • You are moodier than usual during pregnancy M, X
  • Your face breaks out more than usual during pregnancy X at least more than I have while I was pregnant with, or nursing Maia. My skin was the best it had ever been while pregnant with Maia.
  • You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread I never care for the heel
  • Your pillow faces south when you sleep
  • You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side X to be fair, I never did this for Maia.
  • You add the age at the time of conception and the number of the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number M, X That number is 43 for both (32+11, or 34+9)!

That's 7 for Maia and 9 for June Bug.

The Chinese Gender chart predicted girl for Maia, and girl for this June bug as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment