Thursday, December 24, 2009

15 weeks

OB visit today (12/23, actually). Ray didn't go with me to this one (too crazy at work!). So at this time I am up 7 lbs total, 3 lbs. since last month. The OB says he is extremely pleased with that (I wasn't, but as I think of it, it's probably about where I was last time, and I did okay then, even with that 10 lbs of swelling in the last month), and tells me that he generally allows a free 5 lbs for the holidays. With one of the holidays (Thanksgiving) already done, he figures I'm ahead of the curve. Have I mentioned how much I love my OB? Sheesh... wish Weight Watchers would give that kind of grace period for the holidays! That said, I'll try not to overdo it. My BP was 100/64. It's funny to me that my BP tends to run lower when I'm pregnant than my more usual 120/70. The baby's heartrate was 150 again this time. What was rather nifty about this one, was that the way my doctor had the doppler positioned, you could hear both my heart beat (70 bpm) and the baby's (150 bpm) and the baby's being about twice as fast as mine (but slightly off-kilter) made a pretty cool rhythm. If I haven't mentioned it before, my OB loves Ray. He loves to talk computers with him. He walked into the exam room saying "Hi Guys!" and I said "It's just me today" and I swear, I saw a glimmer of disappointment. I told Ray my OB missed him, which Ray thought was pretty funny. Not sure he believed me, though. This is day number 109 and you're 15 weeks pregnant! You have 171 days or 24 weeks left, and are 39.3% of the way there. Baby's age since conception is 95 days or 13 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment