Monday, May 24, 2010

We Stomped Out Stigma...

As I've done every year for the last 5 at my job, I've organized my employee team of walkers for the Stomp Out Stigma walk for Mental Health. This year, we have finally, as a company managed to work together much more closely with the agency that puts this program together. This buy-in really helped us to make a MUCH more impressive showing than previous years (2009, 2008 shown here)... with over 70 walkers and 15 dogs. This year, however, pregnant as I am (3 weeks to go!) the walk was a bit more of a struggle for me than in years past. As an additional challenge: while it was not all that hot, but it was extremely steamy, following a night of rain. The hot came on Sunday. In several days, we went from 60ยบ temperatures to the upper 80s and 70% humidity. YIKES! And of course, Maia was desperate to go outside and play. We took turns. I did some bubbles with Maia earlier in the day. In the afternoon, Daddy took Maia out to swing. Such joy! Such excitement!
Daddy gives REALLY big pushes.
And by the time she came in... well, she was a little sweaty. Just in time for bath night!

No comments:

Post a Comment