Friday, May 16, 2008

12 Weeks to go (maybe...)

I'm now in the 3rd trimester and looking about about 12 weeks until my due date. Time is really starting to fly now!

Last weekend, Ray and I drove out to see the family in New York, and Effie and Tara threw a spectacular baby shower. Lots of family came in from Massena too, and we all had a great weekend. It was so great to connect with everyone again (since we're going to miss our yearly camping trip to Massena, and Tara & Dave's Labor Day party this year).

I spent a little time with some of my friends from Capital Care Pediatrics on Friday. Ray went to the Rusty Nail for wings on Saturday, during the shower, ended up with a huge group of friends and family, and had a great time. The guys also went out to watch the races at Lebanon Valley in the evening, while most of the women went to the Racino in Saratoga. Tara and I spent the evening with the kids, and packing up all the generous gifts for baby after the shower. Tara ended up shipping them for us (so we wouldn't get inspected at the border) and it took 8 boxes! See how loved this baby is already, and no one has even met her!

On Mothers Day, we had breakfast with half the family, and then Ray & I packed up and checked out of the hotel (thanks again to Effie for that generous gift!). We spent the afternoon at Tara & Dave's, relaxing, playing ping pong and chatting. Baby was busy, and Tara got to feel a couple of good kicks. It was such a beautiful day! Mama's Pizza for lunch rounded out the gastronomic tour for Ray. We hit the road about 5:30 in the evening, destined for a stay at the Days Inn in Brantford, Ontario - where we've stayed many times since it's conveniently located at almost exactly halfway through the trip.

After about 6.5 hours of sleep (a bit less for me - I discovered many itchy mosquito bites as I tried to relax. Didn't even see those around the day before!) we hit the road again at about 7:30 and made it home before 1 pm, with a bit of a wait at the border (their computer systems had been down most of the weekend), and a stop for a second breakfast at Bob Evans (banana bread and hot chocolate for me! MmMmMM!).

Back to work on Tuesday! By Thursday all 8 boxes of gifts arrived (whew!) and I got two of them emptied last night, and a good start on the thank you notes. The baby's room really needs a dresser, and maybe some shelves, so we can start putting things away. Most of it is just going in the closet drawers for now, which is just fine. What fun to see a closet full of clothes!

Tomorrow, Ray and I are participating in the Stomp Out Stigma: Walk for Mental Health Awareness, representing my employer, Forest View Hospital. Should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment