Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

We had a fairly quiet Mother's Day. I actually got my gift from Maia when I dropped her off at daycare on the Friday before. I was presented with a big pile of various tones of green tissue paper and was told that Maia helped wrap it. When I opened the paper, I saw this:
We had a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage and a yummy lunch of grilled steaks and chicken at Ellen P's house with my folks, Kath & Andrew's family and Andrew's mother and sister Sarah. Maia, when prompted, would say "Happy Birthday Mothers Day!" Which she finally got right the next day, and has been saying intermittently since.
Ray also got me a Baby K'Tan baby carrier which was available from the hospital gift shop of all places. One of only two places in town where it is sold. I'm excited to use it... I think that I'll need to do more baby carrying with June Bug while chasing after Maia... and I didn't really love the sling carrier I had for Maia (and neither did she). She did like the front carrier when she was bigger, but it was bulky and difficult to slip into a diaper bag for outtings. This one gets rave reviews, seems comfortable, has lots of different options and more back support. So hopefully, it will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment