Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sick. And more sick.

I must say I really enjoyed all the extra cuddling I got while she wasn't feeling well. However, as Ray and Maia recovered from their bouts with the GI bug, Someone must have overheard me saying to my mother "I just don't seem to be as susceptible to those GI bugs..." and I failed to knock wood. So I was rewarded for my hubris with triple what the Ray and Maia got. Ray got one, Maia got both seperately... I got both at the same time. From 2 am to 5 am almost continuously. Then the next day of a LOT of sleep followed by a trip to the bathroom, wash hands, sip of ginger ale, back to sleep... repeat. Ray and Maia went to Red Robin with my folks and the Pools to celebrate Kathleen's birthday while I stayed home and slept (and slept, and slept!) Everything hurt. My stomach, every muscle. Ugh! I haven't been that sick in a long time. Everything hits harder when you're expecting! So poor June bug had to live on my fat reserves and ginger ale for a day and a half. I'm starting to feel better, although really run down and low on energy. I'm sure that's due in part to the lack of calories, but I'm still not all that interested in eating. I do feel fortunate that this happened over a weekend so that I didn't have to take any more time off! And I'm sure Maia is looking forward to getting back to daycare. A little fun this evening: Ray and Maia got to talk to Tara on skype. Maia seemed to think it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment