Thursday, July 31, 2008

Okay. Now I'm depressed.

After a weekend of a few painful contractions, and LOTS of general crampiness, plenty of water and walking... I was thinking there was a good possibility I'd made some progress, and there might be an end in sight. And again... no good news. I'm still the same. No dilation, 50% effaced. My feet are always swollen now, but BP is still looking good: 120/70 - so this is not something to be concerned about... just an annoyance. So I'm not at all interested in opinions and comments about it. My self-esteem has taken enough of a hit in the last few weeks, and my frustration level is high. I'm not sleeping well, my fingers are numb, and I'm generally miserable and ready to meet my baby girl (even though I won't be able to feel her with my fingertips when she gets here). Also not encouraging was the fact that the OB said it may take several months after delivery for my fluid issues to resolve. There are a few minor things that still need to be done. Her dresser has arrived at the local Walmart and needs to be picked up and assembled. But I need Ray to do that. I'm doing what I can around the house, but my energy resources are low. I'm ready. My body and my baby seem not to be on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment