Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No progress... sigh.

There was no particularly good news today. I had a really rough night: not much sleep, horribly disturbing dreams, and what I'm now referring to as "carpal tunnel arms." Carpal tunnel syndrome is apparently quite common in later pregnancy as the body amasses all this extra blood and fluid in preparation for delivery... which puts pressure on... well, everything. In my case, the numbness and tingling and pain reaches from my shoulder blades to my fingertips, and seems to be even more painful when I'm laying down. The only prescription for relief is DELIVERY. So I was hoping for good news... but didn't get it. No specific progress from last week (although, I'm not surprised. After the horrible dream I had last night, I wouldn't have been surprised had my body shut up shop completely). So it's probably not going to be this week. Oh, and the doctor said he had my due date estimated at August 12th, instead of the 9th. It's only 3 days... but I'm consistently uncomfortable enough to be ready NOW. Just didn't put a spring in my step heading out of the office, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment