Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Park

Last weekend was gorgeous. It was time to get out to the park.  However, it tends to take forever to get ready, so we didn't really get out in the morning like I'd hoped.  In fact, it was pretty much lunch time.

No matter. We'll stop and get lunch, since Maia is constantly asking for a picnic, and we'll eat at the park.

So, Wendy's junk in hand, we chose our table and started eating. Parker is in his stroller.  I got out my phone to start taking pics, but the Maia decided she had to go to the bathroom. 
So we packed up the food, ran across the park and...

Alas. The bathrooms were still closed and locked for the winter/spring season. A toilet-paperless porta-potty it would have to be. Fortunately, I had wipes, and there was hand sanitizer. Maia was fascinated.  I wasn't quite so excited, while we stood there with the door open, since I couldn't bring Parker and stroller in with us. I had to hold Maia to keep her tiny tushie from falling in the big hole!
Moving on.  We re-settled at our table, and Maia wolfed down another chicken nugget before deciding she HAD to go play.  She climbed right up to the biggest spiral slide and slid down. After that, it was running to every piece of playground equipment and trying it all. Every slide. Everything that could be ridden or climbed on, she tried it.

Parker tried a few slides, but usually slid too fast and bonked his head a little bit.  Eventually, I managed to get them both to the swings.
There, Parker was delighted.  He giggled. He kicked.  And yes, I know he's missing a shoe. I got tired of putting it back on.


When we got home, Daddy was mowing the lawn. Even though it was nap time for little girls, lawn mowing is An Event.  And we must Do Our Part.  So she 'helped' daddy finish up, and Parker watched them both out the window.
He was very excited to watch them, but it was hysterical with his big sister came to say "hi!"

No comments:

Post a Comment