Saturday, May 7, 2011

One of Those Nights.

Every mother (parent) has this night, or day, and probably quite a few variations of them as our children age.

Ray is off bowling so it's just me and the kids. So I'm getting some dinner ready for them, and Maia is so hungry she is eating it out of the serving dish before I can even get the table set. Then she spills the bowl of peas on the floor. I get the kids eating while I clean this up. Dinner's done, and Parker is wheezing so I let Maia watch a little TV after dinner (a rarity) so I can go give Parker his inhaler. I come back from getting the inhaler, and Maia is standing on the couch: "I went poopy momma."

Sigh.

This is the third accident this week after dinner, but she rarely poops in her pants. Unfortunately, she's had rather loose poop this week, so I put Parker down next to his toys and tell her "don't move!" I pick her up and carry her to the bathroom to clean her up. She's trying to take off her her pants, and I'm yelling at her to wait for me to get her onto a towel so I don't have to mop the floor. She doesn't wait. It's so bad, I throw the undies away and poop is everywhere. I get her cleaned up as well as I can and in a diaper for bedtime. I check on Parker, and he's happy as can be. I pick him up and think Huh, I thought I did a better job cleaning him up after dinner than... Oh Crap. Literally. Little poop nuggets had fallen onto the carpet, and he'd crawled through them. Poor kid had Maia's poop on his hands, shirt, feet, and cheek. GROSS!

Just to top it off, later in the evening, she managed to head butt me right in the nose so hard I saw stars and my eyes were immediately streaming. I tell you, I could not get her to bed fast enough! 

It is for days like this that they make Mother's Day, right?  And to Our Mothers:  Thank you,  and We're Sorry for your days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment