Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Grandmas Will Be Proud

Under the "Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree" category... I offer the following:
In true "I'll do it myself" fashion,
Maia retrieves a full gallon milk jug from the fridge

Why is this funny? My folks often cite my doing much the same thing as an illustration of my early "independent" or "can do" personality. At two-years of age, I apparently thought nothing of pouring my own milk from the gallon jug. My parents have remarked that not only did I try, but succeeded.

The second entry? In the car this week, Maia sat drinking her sippy full of water. Her comment: "This is really good water, momma!"
Why did this get a belly laugh from me? There is a running joke in Ray's family, based on a similar comment from Effie. Years ago while eating at a Ponderosa, Effie made a similar comment: They have really good water here! Which elicited bemused looks from the rest of the family, and about 15 years of good-natured ribbing.

So enjoy, Grandmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment