Friday, June 11, 2010

Reflections on 40 weeks.

So. I made no progress at Wednesday's OB appointment, and so I'm mere hours away from hitting my "Estimated Due Date" with no baby. I am uncomfortable, starting to be swollen most of the time, and ready to for baby to arrive.

That said, I am thinking about the adjustment of this, too. I generally enjoy pregnancy, and am a little sad that this is the last time I expect to experience this, and I feel like I haven't had a lot of time to really focus on the wonder of this pregnancy.

To paraphrase another expectant momma: Soon, my life changes all over again. We go from "child" to "children." It's been amazing to watch my body grow and change, and know that I am the unique home for this infant, and that I have been everything this infant needs for the last 40+ weeks. Soon this infant moves into a whole different world.

I wonder what this child will be like? Up until the last few weeks, I would have said this child was not nearly as busy in utero as Maia was, but that has been changing a bit lately. I think it will be bigger. I have a general guess on gender, weight and birth date. I'll have to put that in a separate post and see if I'm right on ANY of it. I never guessed birth date or weight with Maia, and even though we knew she was a girl, my gut told me girl early on with her.

Oh, and June Bug Gender Vote - pretty well split. 11 votes: 6 girl, 5 boy

That said... happy, healthy baby is good! Can't wait to meet June Bug. And while I do enjoy a lot of things about pregnancy, I am looking forward to the next part (and less back pain)!

No comments:

Post a Comment