Saturday, June 12, 2010

Maia sweating?

It's been occasionally hot and frequently humid lately here. With Maia's daycare being housed in a nursing home, it tends not to be the coolest place ever, and with her NON-STOP movement, I often pick her up in the afternoon. She runs up to me and says "I sweating?!" Her hair is plastered to her head, and her little wisps of hair are curled.
Today was AWFUL outside... not that hot, in the low 80s, but humidity was over 80%, so Ray and I did our best to divert all attention from requests to go outside. Until Papa and Grandma called, wondering if they could bring over Maia's sand-and-water table.
Papa was nice enough to put it together (in the heat) and Maia absolutely had to be outside too. And helping.
But with all the heat, there was sweating. And Maia pressed her face up to the lower section of the deck, where I imagine the dirt must splash up when it rains, because when she turned around, she looked like this:
What? Is there something on my face?
Unfortunately, it was a little late in the day to put water in the table, but I'm sure it's something than can be done in the next week to keep Maia delighted. The only problem? She's extremely interested climbing onto the table! Guess we're going to have to get her pool set up soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment