Sunday, March 21, 2010

Busy Week

Ah, performance weeks! Absolute craziness and chaos, as I spend 5 of 7 evenings away from home for most of the evening! But we survived another one... each surviving our own set of challenges.
So... I performed Monteverdi's Vespers for the Blessed Virgin which was composed in 1610... so this year (July) is it's 400th anniversary. As a departure from the normal GR Symphony Chorus arrangement, we didn't perform this in DeVos Hall, but in St. Andrew's Cathedral. Also unusual with this performance is that we were split into a full chorus and a smaller, select "chamber" chorus. Kath and I were both in the chamber chorus, which meant a lot more singing and time devoted to rehearsals. It was, however, a great experience, and we got a nice review.

Looking for me? I'm in the middle part of the chorus, second row, 3rd from the left. Right next my sister (Pearl keeps placing us this way, and that's fine by both of us!) Ah forget it... we're too small. I tried to zoom in, but you really can't see any detail!

And so a quiet, laid back Sunday to recover. We dropped off the video of Maia's First Year at my folks' house, and then headed out to Cracker Barrel for some breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed over to the mall so Maia could run around for a while. After a week of weather that increasingly resembled spring (up to 65ยบ and sunny) we woke up to snow yesterday (!), but it was wet, yucky snow, and no fun for playing in (not that I remembered to bring her snow pants and boots home from daycare anyway). So indoors we played. In the evening, however, the sun came out and Maia had her favorite for dinner: Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment