Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sick Pumpkin!

Almost a full year since the last one, but Houston... we have an ear infection. A double, actually. I got a call on Thursday afternoon that Maia was running a temp and I needed to pick her up from daycare. They did say she was acting fine... just... well... "Maia in slow-motion?" I asked. Yeah, that was a good way to describe it. I wasn't terribly surprised, her nose has been runny for weeks, and her cough has been getting worse. So I left work a bit early, and she ate very little dinner and went to bed a little early.

On Friday, she was remarkably good natured (as is her habit), but not eating well, and not drinking as much as I would have liked. Her temperature remained low-grade, in the between 100-101ยบ but as she was acting fine, I wasn't terribly worried. Ray asked me to call the pediatrician to see if there is anything we could do for her cough so she could sleep better and they asked me to take her in.

She wore her squeaky shoes and talked a LOT to everyone, and the nurses and PA seemed delighted by both. Weight: 22 lbs, 2 oz (fully clothed, minus squeaky shoes!) The PA took one brief look into Maia's left ear: Yeah, well that one's infected... and the right: that one too, but not as bad. Lungs are clear. Omnicef was prescribed. So Maia and I went to the grocery store to pick up the script, she ate a sample of pizza, and we headed home. By the time we pulled into the driveway, her little eyes were just drooping. She didn't nap all that well, and was absolutely miserable when she woke up. Poor punkin!

Today, I had to go into work to make up for the time I couldn't spend earlier this week. So it was just Ray and Maia. Maia had a very rough day: miserable and clingy and refusing to eat much or sleep at ALL! She did color for a while in the afternoon.
"I wite?" She's not sure if she's left- or right-handed, yet. She tries both! Beneath her fingers here is her "Cir-co?" (Circle) And a closer view... We spent LOTS of time trying to convince her to nap (major failure) but I ended up getting her in bed for the night at about 6:30 pm. She was so exhausted! But she did manage to pee in her potty again. She's now doing this about 3 out of 5 times she sits on it. Usually before bath or bed. We're not pushing it, but I think she's really starting to get the idea.

Here, we're on our way to say goodnight to daddy, but she's rather attached to her book. Keeping our fingers crossed for a good night's sleep, and a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment