Friday, August 8, 2008

Well, that was short lived!

Contractions mostly fizzled out by the afternoon. Had a few more while taking walks in the evening... but no continuation, no pattern. Took a hot shower and went to bed, hoping, HOPING I'd wake up in labor. Nope. Decided I didn't feel like going into work, would stay home and try and walk some more. I had one contraction while walking. Just one. Met Ray and his co-workers Ken and Jeremy at Red Robin for lunch. Decided I'd walk the mall afterward - since it was right there, and should be more interesting than walking my neighborhood... again. So I did... slowly and with some shopping. For 3 hours. Ray called me with some advice to head over to Brookstone and use one of their massage chairs. So I did... but they wouldn't let me use them. Why? It's been known to start pregnant women into labor, and they can't accept the liability. Sheesh! I should've slipped the guy a $50 and had him look the other way! I'm due! I WANT to go into labor! He did let me use the "u-squeeze" foot massage thing, which was pretty intense, and did a really great job moving fluid out of my feet and ankles. I was hopeful that would get some of those ankle pressure points for labor... but alas. Managed to have one other contraction this afternoon. But at this point, I'm just kind of tired and sore. Came home, took a nap. We fear that 08/08/08 is not to be the birthdate for our little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment