Monday, August 11, 2008

NST and Ultrasound

So Ray and I both left work early to head downtown for the NST (non-stress test) and ultrasound. The good news is that it looks like everything is fine in there, and she is healthy. The NST revealed a general heart rate in the mid 140's, which fluctuated between the 120s and the 170s as she moved. And the longer I sat there (and relaxed), the more she moved. Which is exactly what I tell Ray she does. If I'm up and moving... she's not so much. The bad side is that, despite a day of soreness and back pain, I was showing absolutely no contracting activity during the NST. That said, however... I didn't feel like there was any activity during that time either. So it may be that I am having it at other times. We moved on from there to the ultrasound. The primary focus there was to determine if there is sufficient amniotic fluid to support her, and there is. Not too much, not too little, but "plenty." The other good part is we got to see her (first time in 20 weeks) and we even got a 3D view (first time there in 32 weeks). Last time we saw her in 3D view, she looked like a comma. This time we got a view of chubby cheeks, nose and lips. She's so scrunched in there, however... detail was tricky. Her hands, feet and the cord are all by her face, so we couldn't really see eyes (I don't think they were open). She's still head down, but we have no idea if I've made any further progress with effacement or dilation because we didn't see the doc, and won't until Thursday morning. So good news: she looks good, healthy, and safe in utero. The bad news: Ray has to listen to me whine for a while yet. And I'm just a jumble of emotions about it and logic and rationality have no home in my brain right now. I'll see if we can manage to scan the u/s pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment