Thursday, August 7, 2008

A little progress...?

So last night I took a 45 minute walk (had to come in because a storm was coming) and a long, hot shower. I was having a little back pain and general crampy feelings. I rocked in the chair for a while before going to bed, hoping that I'd be awakened by stronger labor pains. No such luck. But the general crampy feeling did continue this morning, so I did agree to go to the OB (with only a little whining about it). Hopeful that I'd made SOME progress. Didn't gain any weight (yay! Last week I put on few pounds, most of which doc attributed to the fluid retention). BP was 120/78. Everything was looking fine. Baby is still head down, still 50% effaced, more anterior and... after a painful moment, doc said: "Okay, now you're dilated to one." So he gave me a little push, and we are hopeful that it will take. My crampiness increased in intensity and moved on into contractions between 11 and 2. At that point, I decided to leave work so I could do some stuff around the house and go for a walk or two. By the time I got home and put in a load of laundry.. the contractions had stopped. So I walked. And they started back up. And I came home to get something to drink... and they stopped. So they're coming and going. I'll get a few of them, and then none. So we're definitely not in any sort of active labor, and I think it's possible that I could go through this kind of thing for days. I hope not! Ray's really excited about the possibility of an 8/8/08 baby, and my OB is actually on call tomorrow (but not the weekend). So... keep your fingers crossed! I do NOT want to be able to go into work tomorrow, and hope to be in the hospital within the next 12-24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment