Monday, October 26, 2009

She's happy... and she knows it!

Maia loves music.  If you've met her, you undoubtedly know this... but she is starting to increase her demand.  Every weekday morning, since she was a few months old, I have sung her a little "Good Morning" song on the way to daycare that I made up (probably based on something from my days as a Music Therapy student).  Now I ask her if she wants to hear it, and she always says "Yesch!"   I don't, however, have a "How Was Your Day?" song, and she couldn't really answer anyway.  So on the way home, or during other trips about town, I just sing random things.
If I sing arpeggios with a "la la" syllable, she will warble tunelessly "la la la la la!"
If I sing "Old McDonald" she will shout "e-iei-oh!" (or e-i-o!)
If I stop singing, she will ask more? ("mah?") and do her "more" sign. Repeatedly. Until I sing again.

So I pulled "If You're Happy and You Know It" from the back of my head, and discovered she has learned this at daycare.  Sitting delightedly in her car seat, she clapped, she stomped... well... Here ya go (she's messing around a bit at first... but she'll catch up!):


She also loves to make funny noises with us, so here's an example of that, too. 
As always, pardon the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment