Saturday, September 19, 2009

Proud Moment

Two weeks ago I got my hair cut. My hair dresser, Piroska (who has no grandchildren of her own, and won't), all but begs me to bring Maia to my appointments.  Maia sat on my lap while I was shampooed, and then we walked around the salon several times and she got ample opportunity to explore while we were waiting.  This was before the full-on stroller embargo began, so she was pretty tolerant about sitting in the stroller, drinking water and playing with a couple toys.  She often plays a little shy at the beginning of new encounters, but warms up before long and begins to jabber away.  I realize not everyone understands her words, but I catch quite a few.

About half way through the cut, Maia drops her sippy.  Piroska picks it up and hands it back to her.  "Dih-too!" Maia says, and Piroska is delighted! "Did she say thank you?"  Why, yes she did. "Wow... oh wow!" says Piroska.  

Why do I tell this story?  Because in addition to it being a moment during which I was proud of my girl, I also want it to serve as proof in the future that I DID actually teach my child manners, and she knew how to use them at one point in her life (even if it was only at 12 months!).  I figure I will need a reminder in years to come!




She also got lots of compliments on this dress at the shop.  Thanks Aunt Tara!


No comments:

Post a Comment