Saturday, July 14, 2012

Camping (part 2)


Nights continued to be interesting, and on more than one night, when it was just too hot and loud to sleep, I had to load them up in the car and go for a drive. The air conditioning probably did us all some good.

We also ate dinner out a little more than usual, and increased our ice cream consumption.

Boating was definitely the best place to be. 



 The kids did SUCH a great job swimming!



The second to last night, however. A storm rolled in. A BIG one. Lightening flashes were nearly constant for a while, and thunder cracks were close.  Two children were in bed with me. Parker was clinging to me for dear life, and Maia was hiding under my sleeping bag, holding on to my leg.  As the rain poured, cascading down the sides of our tent, and the air shook; I told the kids we were having an adventure.  And after a while, we fell asleep (while Maia dreamed we were floating away).

When we woke, we discovered that I didn't do the best job at making sure all of the corners of the tarp were tucked under the edge of the tent, and instead of the water running under the tent, the water ran between the bottom of the tent and the tarp, and we ended up with large squishy puddles on under much of our floor.  Another adventure. A little creative problem solving and some time resolved that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment