Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stomping


May is time for the annual Stomp Out Stigma event through a local charity.  I chair this event for my employer (as I have for the last 6? years) and it's a pretty big deal. We strive to have 100 participants from my place of work alone, and the event itself was over 1200 people this year. Walking to raise awareness for Mental Health issues. 

What was tricky for me, though, is wrangling two busy kids, while trying to be able to provide for those 100 walkers who had questions for me.  Unfortunately, Ray got called in to work, and Kath and kids got caught by construction. Fortunately, I did have another co-worker who was happy to keep an eye on my two busy bodies sweet kids while I dealt with some set up and registration issues.
It takes a villages sometimes. 
Here's the walk about 1/2 a mile in:

Maia walked (or skipped, hopped, danced and ran) much of the walk. 
Parker hung out mostly in the stroller. 
In the home stretch:
Adrian, Lydia, Maia and Aunt Kathleen
Stopping on the bridge, however, Adrian pointed out some mayflies resting on the wall, and taught Maia how to pick them up by the wings.
Here she goes!
She did it!
The rest of the event involved a small picnic for our walkers. By the time we all got home, we were all exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment