Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting Started


It seems to me that, with 101 days left of this pregnancy (potentially), I should be doing something to document this... share with friends and family... record for posterity... something! And so... a blog. Ray will be out of town tomorrow, so I plan to go backward and fill in what has happened up to this point.

Today was a routine OB appointment, and the first one Ray hasn't gone to. Bless him. I got my experience with the yummy (ugh) orange glucose beverage. We'll keep our fingers crossed that I'm not showing any signs of gestational diabetes! The visit was mostly good. I'm up 14 pounds at this point. I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping to keep it under 15 total for the pregnancy, and I still have 3 months to go! However, doc was pleased, feels weight gain is appropriate and steady. He says he's not worried at all. After all, 25-35 is normal gain. And the pregnancy seems to be progressing on target and I'm feeling and looking fairly well.

So we did the Doppler to hear the heartbeat, and just a second after he found it... baby kicked the Doppler. And doc felt her kick it, too! Funny! Heartbeat today was in the 160s.

No comments:

Post a Comment