Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day began on Friday with a Mothers' Day Tea with Maia, at daycare.
They set us up with cookies (that the kids made), lemonade and iced tea, then whisked us off to another room where we colored a picture of a teapot together.

After that, we did a variation on a cake walk in another classroom, with all of us standing/walking on shapes, and Miss Maria making sure everyone got the chance to be a winner.  Maia picked out a couple of silly bandz.

On Sunday, the kids brought me down some coffee and handed me this card.


Maia may have had some help with spelling Parker... but she is quite competent in her ability to write her name on her own... and I was surprised to see her writing MOM without help earlier in the week.
(I bet they've been practicing at school!)
 

So what did I get from my two amazing kids (with some help from their fantastic daycare teachers)?

A photo magnet of Maia, a hand painted tile (Maia), a tea bag, a hand painted flower pot (Parker) with a Parkey Posey (ha ha).
The teabag poem is as follows:
I know that you love me
and enjoy being with me, 
but sometimes I'm rowdy
and busy as a bee.
If you get discouraged
take this gift from me. 
Prepare this
and relax with some tea!

It really was a lovely day.  Thanks to Ray for taking care of breakfast and doing a few special things with the kids to give me a little break.

This photo is completely unrelated to this event... but is the result of an "Art Fair" project at school.
This Owl's name is "Garros"










No comments:

Post a Comment