Monday, November 22, 2010

A Little Parker (5 months)

Five months! Where did the time go?!

Parker is getting busier. Reaching, grabbing, bringing everything to his mouth. Some supported sitting. Sock pulling, hair pulling. Trying to chew on his toes. What about sleeping? Well, sleeping at daycare is great. Sleeping at home, not quite as much. We've had nights where he's up every two or three hours, even if just to get the paci back in, or because he broke his swaddle and decided he's mad about that. But usually he's in bed between 7:30 and 9:30 for the night (yes, it really varies that much!) and will sleep until he gets hungry, often around 2 am. Then with any luck, he's good until 6:30 or so. But often, not. I have to say, it drives me nuts the most when he wakes between 4:30 and 5:30... because I know that just as soon as I get back to sleep, it will be time to get up.

Oh well. These days go by so quickly, and it's a fair trade for spending time with a lovey, cuddly baby. Assuming he's not screaming.

Parker loves his big sister, and watches her wherever she goes. He reaches out for her now, which just melts my heart. She, for her part, continues to be fairly protective of him. Making sure that strangers don't talk to him, especially when he's in his car seat. Making sure he's coming with us wherever we go. And she's a wonderful big sister when it comes to finding him a toy or a paci to keep him occupied for a few minutes.

She'd really like to pick him up, but I'm thinking they're probably within about a 5 pound weight difference these days. So they had to settle for watching a little TV together. I was putting some things away when I turned around to see this: Here's the best pic I've managed to get of him sitting. It's often brief, as he'll reach for something and topple over, or just kind of melt off to one side or the other.
But he's really good at waving his arms around, and reaching for his toes!
And he's still a very happy baby! At least once a week, someone at daycare tells me that they wish they could clone him. He's a cuddly lumpkin!
And I love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment