Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Art O' The Month

I think I may have a million this month. First up... a little theme. This first one is entitled "Maia fine motor." I think her teachers are trying to prove to me that stickers are educational and beneficial to fine motor development.
"Maia fine motor"
Which is good... ... because in Maia's case...
... she seems to be practicing a lot.
A Lot, a Lot.
Perhaps stickers should be the incentive of choice, these days.
...
! Finally.
On to the finished product of Maia's "Leaves Falling Down" drawing of a few weeks ago.
Leaves falling down
Seeing a common thread here with her marker strokes? They're so deliberate!
Sometimes we play little "follow me" type games when we're coloring together.
And now she's starting to fill the paper edge-to-edge.
And as before, lots of circles.
A work of MaiaArt, Parts I and II.
Well, that's colorful!
And now we've switched to scribbling with chalk.
and back to crayons...

A beautiful crown. Which sits nicely on top of the head.
Ah. Halloween art. Looks like a ghost in the middle to me....
Apple. With Lots of Paint.
Large Acorn.
Bat with sparkly wings and googly eyes! Fun!
Pumpkin.
Love this one. Very textural white paint on a white paper ghost.
One very very busy Jack-o'-lantern!
You've been warned.
And the infamous Glitter Glue session with Mommy and Maia. Maia LOVED it. She'd grab the tube and "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze it Mommy!" then get that glittler glue all over the paper, her face, my hands, my arms, my face.
And I have to say I rather enjoyed the glitter glue too... although I did spend quite a bit of time cleaning up. OOoooOOooO! Sparkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment