Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pediatrician visit

Maia had her 2 month physical exam and immunizations. She was having an oddly fussy day, and cried starting in the waiting room, with a few breaks in between. Her weight was 11 lbs, 9 oz today, which puts her in the 75th percentile for her age. Her length was 22 1/2 inches, which is the 50th percentile. So... as big as we felt like she was getting so quickly, she's doing just fine. I thought for sure she'd be out of some of her 0-3 month clothes by now, but she isn't yet. Yay! Anyway - everything looked good. Developmentally - good. Healthwise - thriving. Ray and I suspect she may be having some teething pain or pressure, because there has been a marked increase in drooling, spit bubbles and chewing. We're not sure if this is related to the fussiness or not. Pediatrician seemed to think it was probably more to do with being out of sorts and off-schedule following the trip, and perhaps a bit of GE Reflux. So we're keeping our eye out for that too. And, of course, the big round of shots. Three injections and an oral solution for a total of 7 vaccinations. Ray's glad he wasn't there, and it was me observing that. I think I may have been more prepared than some new moms, simply because I've seen SO many infants getting vaccinated. Poor Maia screamed for another 4-5 minutes before I could calm her enough to leave the exam room. Once I got her strapped in the car and moving, she fell sound asleep for about 3 hours (which was a nice opportunity to get some grocery shopping done).

No comments:

Post a Comment