Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Growing and Moving

During my 18th/19th week, Kathleen and I are busy with the final rehearsals and performance for Britten's War Requiem with the Grand Rapids Symphony Chorus. Performances were on Friday 3/14 and Saturday 3/15 at DeVos Hall. The piece is an intense statement on the horrors and sadness of war, and pulls from the poetry of Wilfred Owen, a poet who was killed in the final weeks of World War I. It's a powerful (and difficult) work. So while on stage Friday night - I think I feel the baby move for the first time (how can I be sure?) It felt like a wiggle. I'm eager to get confirmation by feeling it again, but by Sunday, I still hadn't felt it again. However... by the 25th, I'm starting to feel baby move more consistently. What a relief! Only one more week until the ultrasound where we can see baby for the first time in 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment