Friday, July 10, 2009

Frederick Maia Gardens... ?

It was a little overcast, but warm today. I worked until noon, so Maia and I had lunch together and after her nap, headed over to Frederick Meijer Gardens. The children's garden has all sorts of interesting things to touch and see and do. There are several opportunities to get really wet, and although I knew about them, I didn't really plan ahead all that well. I don't have the picture of the wading fountain, but that was fascinating to her, and I'm sure she'd be pleased to make that her own personal kiddie pool were I to give her the opportunity. From there, we moved over to the Great Lakes water table. All 5 of the Great Lakes are represented, with Lake Superior being the tallest or highest water table. Each lake flows into the next through little rapids and water falls, so that you may sail a boat from Lake Superior all the way to Lake Ontario, which is where Maia was playing, since it's nicely accessible to her. It took her a bit to warm up to this, but the more we walked around it, and I lifted her to the higher areas, the more excited she got... and the more she wanted to be in the water. As such, she was really quite soaked after we played for a while, I took off her dress for a while to let it dry. Meanwhile, we explored other areas of the garden. Each area had it's own little fascinating features for her, and she was reluctant (read: yelling and back-arching when being placed back in the stroller!) to move on to the next thing. More videos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment