Thursday, July 30, 2009

Massena... part 6

Visiting the Great Grandmothers...
It's always interesting to do this. When we got to St. Regis to visit Grandma Oakes, Grandma saw her and exclaimed: She hasn't grown a bit since the last time I saw her!
She was just 8+ weeks old then... we're QUITE sure she's grown. However, Maia is on the small side, and sometimes people thinks she just looks too tiny and petite to be walking and talking as much as she is.
We visited Great Grandma Ashley on a rainy afternoon. So many people comment on Maia's red hair, and I generally indicate it came from my father's side (with 5 of 8 the children in his family having red hair). However, Grandma Ashley mentioned (and I have to admit, I'm a little fuzzy on the details, here) Great Great Grandpa Ashley and his brother also had red hair (that would be Charles H Ashley, and I don't know which brother). Wed also heard Great Grandpa Ancel (Peanut) Ashley also had red hair as a kid. While in town, we also took the opportunity to stop by Town Hall and get a second copy of Ray's birth certificate, and take a picture of the first house he lived in on Water Street in Massena.

No comments:

Post a Comment