Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Drunken Monkey

It was nice and warm yesterday, so I inflated the pool in the morning, and by the afternoon, it was as warm as bath water. So Maia spent a little time in the pool. It wasn't, however, quite as entertaining for her as I'd hoped it would be. She ended up being MUCH more interested in the garden hose and the hose reel, and would not be contained in that silly little pool! But she spent the evening working on her walking skills, building up her confidence, and no longer feels the need to clap for herself when she takes steps. Currently, I think she looks like a drunken monkey walking, but already her arms are starting to come down (over the shoulders this morning, about shoulder height this evening) She does, however, tend to prefer to turn left (she CAN turn right... she just doesn't seem to want to). I'm very much looking forward to having her WALK into daycare tomorrow. I think she would love the opportunity to show off to the boys in her room!

No comments:

Post a Comment